Wednesday, January 06, 2010

apple pie and tea

I wish I took pictures of the process, but I was by myself, and wanted to attempt this feat by myself. Since my hands were covered in flour and dough, I couldn't take any shots of the process, so you'll just have to take my word for it! Anywhoo, the apple pie idea was first imputed in my head when my friend made it for an xmas party. I ate only one piece, but it was a delicious piece. I asked her how she made it, and she told me that it was the easiest recipe ever. It's straight out of the Betty Crocker box. A few days later, I was shopping for junk food and came across the Betty Crocker pie crust box. I picked it up and saw the recipe on the side. It looked simple enough, so I picked up some flour, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.

It was a pretty messy process, but I made some slight alterations to the pie. I don't like too much filling; its too sweet for me. I like eating the crust the most, so I made my pie with all the crust, and half the filling. I put in half the amount of filling, so the pie is thin. When it came out of the oven, I laughed to myself because it looks like an asian cake! I always buy the Asian fruit cakes for the family and they have this thin crust with a very thin layer of custard. I'm so happy it turned out ok. And you know what the best part is?? My MUM loves it. My brother took it over to her house, and left it on the table when it was still warm. She took a bite, and was like "oh wow, this is good! where did you get this?" My brother said it was me, and then I got a phone call, and got a lecture on how to keep the oven clean from nasty sticky foods. sigh... =)


I also got a great Christmas present this year: Numi teapot and flowering teas! I put the small flower into hot water and it blossomed into this giant flower inside the pot! I had it with my last slice of apple pie tonight!


oooh! and on a sidenote, this little painting here was a Christmas present from my friend Leanne. She is an artist and has a blog too called Paper and Paint. She made this huge painting of a beautiful tree, and then broke it into 36 pieces. Each of her closest friends have a piece, and I am blessed to be included! I have yet to decide where to display this piece of art...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails