Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Museum of Natural History

The Museum of Natural History is one of my favorites. Every room was interesting, and the rotunda with the large mammoth is beautiful. There were a million people streaming through the rotunda though, so I didn't stay long. My favorite exhibit was the butterflies room. A large chamber of imported butterflies lies in the middle of the exhibit, and for $6, you can interact with them in that chamber.
You are allowed to take as many pictures as you want, and they are likely to land on you as well. I think my jacket was too neutral a color, because none landed on me. I was a little bummed, but I did get some great shots on Macro feature.

This is Darwin's Orchids exhibit. Although small, the orchids are absolutely stunning, and the aroma of the flowers permeate through the bottom floor of the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails