Monday, March 21, 2011

girlfriends

This post is a few days late, but I haven't had the desire to blog much lately. I haven't gone anywhere, taken any pictures, nor done much of anything in the last week really, so blogging was left on the backburner while I catch up on my reading and watching TV.  Last Thursday, however, my two best girlfriends from high school came over to hang out, cook, drink wine, and catch up. We hit up the local Trader Joes, bought everything we could possibly want for dinner [which is a lot], and went to town.

Can't cook without wine and cheese appetizers!


Pasta/tortelinni with cheese, zucchini, yellow squash, spinach, mushrooms, and tofurkey. We added blackened shrimp to the dish as well. The avocados are from my parents' garden.




There are few things in life that surpass the value of girlfriends.  My father taught me the value of friendship through his own life and relationships, and I have taken it to heart. I'm not saying guy friends are less improtant, but being the only girl in my family, there is something to be said for having a group of girls that will always be there for you, through thick and thin.  I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful girlfriends in my life. These two, however, are my longest friendships [since we were 14-15!]. Leanne is a successful wedding photographer and illustrator, Kat is going to be a [traveling?] lawyer, and I may choose both of those professions in the future! Although we are all drastically different in style, personality, and life choices, we remain, to this day, the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails