Sunday, June 13, 2010

carmen's in cameroon!


My friend Carmen here went to UCLA and then traveled to Peru with me and Kat 3 years ago. Ever since I've known her, she's been wanting to go into the Peace Corps. Obstacles and challenges have come and gone, and well recently, she got approved and appointed to Cameroon, Africa!! She just landed last week in the country, and is now settling in with her host family!

I'm so proud of her for doing this, fulfilling her dreams, traveling, and doing everything she ever wanted to do. She will be an amazing asset to the country! She also started a blog called Peace Corps Adventures in Cameroon, so I'll be following her via her blog! You should check it out! It's a great way to learn about the country's history, economics, and share in her experiences with the culture...and maybe inspire you to do something as awesome!

Learn to Be Foundation banquet

club monaco dress, H&M earrings
Ironic Sidenote: When we're not trekking around 3rd world countries, we sometimes look real nice here in CA! *_* I wear this dress sparingly because I'm deathly afraid of getting it dirty. I only bring it out when I know I won't be eating any pasta, pizza, or buffalo wings. It's one of my most prized dresses, perfectly fitted, and tailored to perfection. Needless to say, it will not be coming with me to Southeast Asia later this year. *_*

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails