Sunday, December 27, 2009

my fave xmas songs

This version of O Holy Night may be my favorite of all the versions. Celine Dion never fails to amaze me. I know I know, it's Celine Dion, but I still really like her. Her voice is vibrates through me and I have quite a long list of her songs in my faves.

o holy night - celine dion

However, nothing beats Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas Is You.


Every Christmas mass since I was a baby, I'd hear this song Hang Belem. My grandfather taught it to me as a baby and I never forgot it. It's very dear to my heart because it was the first song I learned completely and sang it all the time when I was 3. If it's not sung during Viet xmas mass, I throw a fit. I can't find a nice version on youtube, but this clip is from a church choir in Australia. It's pretty much how it would sound in church with the laity so I like it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, All I want for Christmas is the best modern holiday song. Everyone thinks its a cover but Mariah co-wrote it. It's been the #1 holiday ringtone 3 years in a row.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails