Saturday, November 20, 2010

discovering santorini

Santorini is, by far, my favorite Greek island. The sunsets in Oia are unparalleled, and the food is just packed with the most tasteful olives and feta cheese. We spent 5 days on the island at Villa Manos, the cute resort like place for really cheap, and rented an ATV as our mode of transportation around the island. The wind in your hair, the fresh sea breeze, and fantastic views...how can you be sad here?

Atlantis Books is featured in Lonely Planet's list for the best bookstores in the world! That is pretty awesome since we read the newly posted article WHILE we were in Santorini!! We went to search for it...but stumbled on it when we went to downtown Oia!



This is one of the best series I have ever read. Stieg Larsson's Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is also a movie, and the girl protagonist is just the most interesting character. If you have not read series, you must!!!!




I was so enamored with the sunset in Oia, i did not notice that I stepped into a huge pile of DOG SHIT!!!! and when I say huge pile, it was a HUGE PILE. It was so stinky and gross, and it wouldn't come off my shoe!!!! Damn the hiking shoes with great traction! I couldn't do anything on the sunset vista point because it was all houses and there was no grass or even a hose for me to wash my shoes! I wiped it as best I could in a rose bush, and we drove to the nearest patch of grass for me to scrub them on. Below is the most hilarious picture of this trip yet: Kat laughing her ass off and me on the grass, looking at my shoe filled with dog crap!!



We couldn't figure out why there were so many tourist buses going around the island all of a sudden...where did they come from!!! One of the streets were filled with tourists in downtown Fira, so we walked up to see what all the commotion was about...and discovered a whole new section of Fira!!! It turns out that Princess Cruises filled with Canadians and Americans flocked to this island on our last day, and the boat dropped them off at the Old Port, and buses would take them to downtown Fira to walk around and shop for the day. Because of that, the shops open during off season for these tourist groups, and we get to benefit from them!


My new favorite on the go coffee. Cream and sugar inside. Just like G7 of Vietnam. They're finally catching on.
Kat actually got in trouble for not finishing her food!! hahahha We ordered two delicious omelettes, but they were HUGE! Each omelet contained 4 eggs, mixed with mushrooms, bell peppers, and cheese!!! Kat only ate about half of it, and was finished. The owner scolded her and refused to take away her plate when she told him that she was finished! I, however, ate ALL of my food!!!!! *_*

 
Guess what?! We finally found a beach we can chill out at! We drove and found a bunch of other ones that were supposedly amazing with the black sands and red sands...but were disappointed. We drove past our hotel, and found this secluded beach! We walked up and down the coast looking for sea shells and I even made a video!





3 comments:

  1. dude the pictures are awesome!! what kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude your pictures are awesome!! what kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails