Tuesday, November 30, 2010

père lachaise

Pere Lachaise, where many of the masters are buried. Some of them include Moliere, Chopin, Jim Morrison, and Oscar Wilde. We did not find Moliere, but I will go back to look for him again as well as the Holocaust tombs. There were so many amazing sculptures and gravestones, we couldn't take enough pictures. My fingers were frozen and my toes were going to fall off, but it was an amazing experience nonetheless. 
Frederic Chopin
Jim Morrison from the Doors...come baby light my fire..
It's so hard leaving you without a video now. 

We also found some names that amused us. I found a Frenchman with the surname VIET. Kat found her long lost family, the MERLOTS.
Oscar Wilde and his lipstick kissed tomb. I'm not sure why there are so many lipstick kisses on the tomb. Some say it is from  all the admirers of the renowned rebel writer/poet. I read the Picture of Dorian Gray when I was in high school, and loved it, so seeing his tomb here is quite an amazing experience. 
a kiss for you oscar...


magnificence

me walking through the cemetary
3 bears?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails