Friday, January 29, 2010

mum's closet


I raid my mum's closet every so often. I know its the same things because she wears basically two outfits now, and all her amazing outfits are in plastic wrap and stored in the extra closet. Since I look identical to her, and I love the throwback looks, I like to mosey on over and see what I can come up with.

I've worn this sweater before and I love it. It's one of the few fitted sweaters my mum got when she was my age. This piece is at least 30 years old, isn't that crazy?! My grandmother's sister [great aunt?] knits and crochets everything and she made tons of sweaters for my mum growing up. When i was little, I got tons of itty bitty things made for me as well. I love that there is history and loving care to this little piece of clothing, and when I get compliments for it now, it warms my heart. The left sleeve is starting to unravel, and I'm not quite sure what to do about that except to be careful to not snag myself on anything.

I paired this with my favorite skinny white jeans by Club Monaco. The glasses I found on my brother's desk so I just used them for the shoot. I don't fit me too well, but they matched the colors and it was a beautiful bright day outside.





homemade sweater, club monaco jeans, bro's random cheap glasses

a closer look at the front. different colored ribbons are interlaced into the crochet.such skill...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails